Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pillows

I made these pillows last year when I was getting all of my dorm/college stuff together. I couldn't really find any that I liked so I decided to make my own.

For the first pillow, I found a tree silhouette online, printed it out, and traced it to a piece of black felt. I then spent days hand stitching the tree to my square piece of fabric. It took forever and my fingers were raw by the time I was done, but I love how it came out.



For the second pillow, I cut out a long strip of black felt and sewed it to one side of my rectangle. Next, I made a turquoise flower and sewed it onto the felt. I stitched up 3 of the sides, stuffed the pillow in, and hand stitched the last side closed.

Now my pillows have a nice new home in my dorm room.



2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH. You are amazing. I would seriously pay you for that tree pillow!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness gracious, you hand sewed that tree on? I don't have that kind of patience! They'll look great in your dorm room! Nice n sassy :)

    ReplyDelete