Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Cardigan Love

Here is another cardigan that I have been working on. My inspiration was this sweater from Forever 21.I picked up this sweater at Goodwill.I know. It looks terrible with the blue shirt I am wearing, but it has potential. I promise.

First I snipped off the threads that were keeping the belt in place. I wanted to use the belt to create the two stripes on the sleeve so I tried bleaching it and redying it, but it didn't turn out so well. I ended up using white fabric I had lying around.

After trying to sew the fabric to the sleeves using the sewing machine, I found I had to hand sew them. (The sweater fabric is way to stretchy and you end up with a wavy stripes instead of a straight ones.)

Then I just picked up an appliqué at a fabric store and ironed it on. Super easy.

Here is my finished product. I love it and can't wait for winter so I can wear it!

After thinking it over, I decided to add some different buttons so here is the true finished product.




4 comments:

  1. Love it! (and I am definitely the one who showed you the inspiration ;) Are you going to add the gold buttons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about it, but the button holes are pretty small so I would have to get little brass buttons. I like it for now, but if I ever feel like changing it, there's always the option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's incredible. I always see those Forever 21 sweaters and I always contemplate buying one, but they're way too expensive. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete